1.9.08

Kumoricon



It even smelled like awesome. I had a great time at Kumoricon. I went with Taylor--who goes by Kitsune here, I think. On Saturday we were there from eleven-thirty-ish to about seven. Two of those hours were spent waiting in line. Once we got our passes, we wandered around aimlessly taking pictures of people and chatting. There was nothing going on so we went over to the dealers room and widdled away our money on useless souvineers that we knew we would only use once. (I got a couple plushies, a portrait of the two of us, and some other junk.) Then we went over to the park that was next to the hotel and joined the glomp circle.
A glomp circle is a circle of people, and it works a bit like spin the bottle. You throw the bottle into the air, and wait until it stops, pointing at someone. Once you figure out who it's pointing at, you run and tackle-hug them.
And I hugged a Mewtwo.
Which was really freaking awesome.

I didn't go on Sunday, even though I wanted to. I went to see Phantom of the Opera, which was nice, but not nearly as fun as Kumoricon. Anyways, Monday was a little better I think. I went to a couple panels: on on shipping and another on making cosplay costumes. And I won a DVD for dressing a Gaara plushie up in an oversized "I heart yaoi" shirt and dancing him around on a table for a mini plushie cosplay contest. He won the category of "Best Fangirl Immitation." It was uncanny.
We watched a few AMVs that day, and then ate lunch at the cafe and picked up t-shirts at the dealers room. Since we had some time to kill, we went off and joined the glomp circle again, which was fun. We met on of y pals--Schuylar--there and on of his friends that I didn't know, and we hung out. I thought the closing was boring, since the charity auction lasted longer then we'd thought and the cerimony was a couple AMVs we'd already seen and some slides with a ton of writing. There was one quiet moment though in which a bunch of people started yelling things. One was "I lost the game", and another was "Objection" with a response of "Overruled."
"The Game" can actually be played by anyone. You can't think of the game, and that is the game. If you think of the game, you have to yell "I lost the game."

And by the way, I lost the game.

No comments: